One of the byproducts of our web site redesign is that we are pondering the future of the BBB (Boalt Bulletin Board). The BBB has been around for a long time, in various forms, and it’s time to understand exactly how people use it and what purpose it’s serving. Please take moment to answer the following questions and add any other comments that are appropriate.
1. Do you use the BBB? If no, why not?
2. What do you use it for? What information in it is most useful or interesting to you?
3. If you could find the same information that is now in the BBB on other places of the web site, would that suffice? For example, if we had a robust web calendar of events, would the BBB be less necessary as an information tool?
4. How do you like to access the BBB? Paper copy? On the web site? Via email? RSS feed?
5. How could the BBB be more useful to you?
Please leave your comments below. Thanks!
UPDATE: I forgot to mention that under one scenario the BBB could become a regularly updated (nearly daily) online publication, not unlike a blog, instead of being published weekly. That way, the information can be more current. What do folks think of that?
UPDATE2: I’m hearing a surprising number of people – here and via email – say they like the paper version because it’s more convenient.
Both comments and pings are currently closed.